3/23/08

Anew

It's been a lovely weekend for Easter. Sunny, warm, just a gentle breeze moving through the valley. I have a good friend that loves Spring. She's happy, cheerful, sweet, vibrant...so I can see that Springtime fits her! I am not big on Springtime, per se (I like Fall's vibrant colors better, and the sweet smell of crackling fireplaces, and football in the air, and knowing you've worked hard all summer & your time to rest is coming!). But it is a refreshing time of year after being cooped up all winter long. Winter has it's perks (fires in the fireplace, stories read late into the night, peppermint cocoa, pumpkin pies, and all those holidays!). But, Spring can make you feel fresh and alive again! Open those windows, clean that house, plant that garden, mow that yard, and you just feel better! I cleared out some old stuff from the house. I got a new bed. I prepared my taxes. I fixed the irrigation pipes. I planted 100 strawberry plants! It was fun!!

How does this tie into Easter?? What do bunnies and eggs have to do with fresh starts? They don't. Easter, to me, has nothing to do with bunnies and eggs...but EVERYTHING to do with Christ, the Resurrection, and fresh starts. The world seems to testify at this time of year of the Lord's triumph over death and Satan! Every thing screams (beautifully, not shreeking) "We're alive! We're strong! We're vibrant!" It's a great time of year. I hope you get captured by it, and find something fun to do to wake yourself up from the wonderful winter slumber you've been nestled in. Time to wake up and move about again! (I'm picturing an old mother bear here waking up from hibernation with little cubs running all over her...can you see it?)
What will you do, or have you done, to wake up this Spring?

2 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Easter Christie!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Loved the post, very upbeat and motivating, you're such a great writer. . .I am going to follow your lead and try and plant something. . .I also want to get rid of weeds and plant some California poppies. . . I love those little guys.. .and they come in all colors now, are drought tolerant (a word to describe my watering style) and cheery. . .so let's see if I can get on the ball, like you!