3/11/08

Mommy's Gets Time Off

So, it's been a month since I posted. I don't have an update on my sister. She's choosing her own route to get through this, and she'll update us when she's ready. I wish her the best, tho, and she knows we're backing her 110%! Keep praying for her, tho.

But, if you read the previous post, we had an issue of our own on that same morning last month. My husband of 18 years took me upstairs for a little "chat" that same Monday morning to tell me he wanted a divorce. This isn't the first time he's said that and walked out....but it IS the last time. He announced it to all the children, watched them cry and crumble, packed his bags, and walked out the door. A couple of hours later I found out about my little sister's health issues. I have to admit...I buckled. After 2 hours of throwing up, I stood up and got to work. "Mommies don't get days off. Mommies can't quit. The children need me." (They had decided to watch a movie since Mommy needed some time...how sad I couldn't be stronger right then!)

But, now it's a month later. I am stronger. I'm happier. The children are happier. There is laughter in our house. There is music and singing. We wake up now ready for the new day (because we sleep solid each night). Some days are better than others (it's not easy going against an attorney/judge in a small town, his employees that do divorces for a living, his hired attorney, and all his lawyer/judge friends giving him advice for free!). But, we're doing well. I still don't know what the future holds. But, I know I have my children, and the Lord. I've learned who my friends are and who they aren't (keep sending me the funny jokes, folks!). I know I have a future--bright, free, and happy. I know I can tickle my children every day and hear them laugh. I see the sun rise each day (early morning seminary!), and it's good. I know the Lord is helping me (us) get past this.

And, of all the weird twists of fate...I have times when I don't have to do any work...time off! Time to sleep in. Time to eat whatever I want (without the kids going, "eewww, yuck")! I have time to clean and organize. I have time to plan and prepare for my future. So...I guess Mommies do get days off (or at least a few hours here and there)!

1 comment:

rachel said...

Christie,
I'm trying to track down your email address right now to email you.
I'm sending hugs your way. You're one strong woman.
rachel