2/4/08

Super Monday

As Marlin K. Jensen just noted...yesterday was "Super Sunday". Tomorrow is "Super Tuesday". Today, for the Saints, is Super Monday. Only 16 times in the modern history of the church has the membership had a new Prophet to sustain and support with our prayers and love and work. Thomas S. Monson is the new President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with Henry B. Eyring as First Counselor and Dieter F. Uchtdorf as Second Counselor. We are thankful for these men. It is no small task to be given...prophets are never really appreciated by the world population at large. They are mocked, ignored, or treated lightly--sometimes even murdered just for trying to share what they know to be true. However, these humble men will work tirelessly to reach the few who will humble themselves and listen. May the Lord bless them with health, strength and vigor in their lives! The Holy Ghost is already a constant companion to each, and thus I'm sure they'll be fine. I pray for their beautiful and supportive wives who will have their lives forever changed because of the righteousness of their husbands and the heavy load they've just been given. I'm sure they will take it all in stride. They know the greatness of the men they married, and are equal to them, and thus will be a fantastic support to them.

As for my family, I hope they will take a few minutes to read my last post...look up those talks. Read them. Pray about them. Follow the council in them. And for the future, I hope they will listen to the Lord's prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. Really listen. Really try to do what they are asked (often it's really so little asked!!). (www.lds.org is where you'll find all you want).
I am thankful for this Church, and for the fullness of the teachings of the Gospel, and what I have learned about Christ and Heavenly Father from it. I'm am thankful for the fantastic people that are my friends and examples within the church. I'm thankful for the example of these great leaders as they strive diligently and daily to be like the Savior, and to guide and direct the Church as the Lord instructs them. My children will learn from them, and hopefully strive to become good people, as they are. I'll do my best, too. I'm thankful to watch history as it unfolds...It's a Super Monday!

No comments: