2/11/08

PAIN

Mondays can be painful. Today was especially harsh. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to start the week again, knowing that you don't get to rest again until next Sunday. But today was worse. We have our own fiasco here in our house. I'll live through that. But...

I have a little sister. She's taller than me, smarter than me, kinder than me. She is 3 years younger than me. She was the kid with the perfect GPA. She was the viola expert. She was the volleyball guru (for those that have seen my latest attempts, you know I'm no guru!). She was the peacemaker in our home growing up. I believe in Justice. She believes in Mercy.

A few of years ago she began to get headaches. She tried everything to change them. I guess somewhere along the way, they gave her an MRI to try and diagnose what was causing them. I don't know much (she's VERY private), except there was a small "node" at the time "they" weren't concerned about. "They" being the doctors. Stupid doctors. They believe so much in themselves and in their drugs and technology. They don't think they can make mistakes. Not all are bad, just like not all lawyers are creeps. But, there's enough to create a culture of arrogance.

Her headaches are worse. She has a beautiful 2 year old now. She tries to smile through the pain for her 2 year old. But, she also tries to find answers to make it go away. She got another MRI. The "node" is now a "tumor" on her brain. Very scary for her and her family. Hard on those of us on the outside wanting to help or make it go away.

She's tough. She can make it through the pain. She'll fight. She'll win. She always has. It's in her 4.0, volleyball playing, viola music-making heart. And, now, she has her daughter and husband to fight for. She'll win. But, it'll be painful.

I hate Mondays. Especially this one.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. I sit here shaking my head. Shame on "them".
My thoughts and prayers are being sent her way.
Keep us updated.

Kelly said...

Christie,
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. We'll send prayers her way.