4/30/08

I'm Gonna Take That Mountain!

You gotta see this...turn off the music below first, tho...then watch this one. Then turn the music back on, and get your "kick in the fanny" for the day as you finish up your chores!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/reba-mcentire/27593/im-gonna-take-that-mountain.jhtml

For those that know me, you KNOW this is me! Here are the lyrics (but the video makes so much more sense and without the music, they're no fun!)

I was born a stubborn soul
Ain't afraid of the great unknown, nor
the windin' road that's all uphill
This is just a stumblin' block
Intimidating wall of rock
If you think this broken heart will break my will

I'm gonna take that mountain
Ain't nothin' gonna slow me down
And there ain't no way around it
Gonna leave it level with the ground
Ain't just gonna cross, climb it, fight it,
I'm gonna take that mountain

It's overwhelming lookin' up
Knowing its a challenge of
Me against this heartache to survive
I may slip and I may fall
But even if I have to crawl
I will break through to the healin' side

I'm gonna take that mountain
Ain't nothin' gonna slow me down
And there ain't now way around it
Gonna leave it level with the ground
Ain't just gonna cross it, climb it, fight it
I'm gonna take that mountain

Ain't just gonna cross it, climb it, fight it
I'm gonna take that mountain

I'm gonna take that mountain
Ain't nothin' gonna slow me down
And there ain't now way around it
Gonna leave it level with the ground
Ain't just gonna cross it, climb it, fight it
I'm gonna take that mountain.

I was born a stubborn soul
This is just a stumblin' block
I'm gonna take that mountain


Maybe it's time to dye my hair red. Ya think?

4 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That Reba has some good dance moves for a granny! Fun post today, I'm listening to all your music, but some of it has swear words, you naughty girl!

The deVilleneuves said...

Sorry about the words...you can substitute in your head. The point is clear on both songs, tho. Besides, I'm always, always being told my standard is "too rigid"...funny how quickly people get upset about a couple of words after years and years of telling me that "everyone hears those (sees this, does that) at school (store, real world, office), so don't worry so much". So, I stopped worrying for a couple of weeks... I'd "clean flick" them if I knew how. But, the songs are to the point. Reba's doesn't have any words in it.
So, justification, yes. But, at this point in my life, I think I can handle a couple of words used in that way, for those songs. I sing them with the adjusted language, tho. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I may never recover from the words :-) Never. I've never, ever heard them before! Actually, I love country music b/c . . . for one thing . . . it's the cleanest thing out there (in music, besides hymns). I like most of the songs; it's made for a fun day. And, if you try to clean flicks them up, I would love to hear that (if it's your voice singing). Why not try your hand at some country songs? I'd go to your concert :-)

The deVilleneuves said...

Aaahhh...you know, Country is the only thing I'd even try to sing...but they'd kick my fanny right out of the studio after all the equipment busted!! You KNOW I can't sing! However, I don't let it stop me around the house, so that's what matters (it brings too much laughter to the home to stop!)! And, I have to admit, that I'm the "Miss Betty" who is singin' off-key on the pew at Church (see the Sunday song for a clue on this one!). But, they haven't kicked me out, yet, so I guess I can keep it up. Someday, I'll learn to sing, and my children will thank me endlessly for sparing their ears!