4/26/08

License plate lingo?

So, I read in the paper (national, not my po-dunk town) the other day that everyone's got their hair in a tizzy (I was gonna say "panties in a wad", but there are too many people that wouldn't like that) over the fact that the youth are using their "texting lingo" in their school work. My first thought was, "...and the teacher accepted it?" Well, the same day, or the day after, there was another article in the paper about how we parents are starting to learn the language and use it as well (this one was saying how good we parents are for learning the same stuff the kids already know--everyone pat yourself on the back, now!).

So, I know I'm probably the only one that doesn't know what this stuff means (I don't let my kids text, I don't text...so we are definately not "in the know" on this technological wizardry). I looked at a couple of things, and decided that it's pretty simple stuff, really. In fact, I think I'll make up a few of my own (who is it you're to get permission from if you want to make one up?!). And, if they're already out there, then I guess it's just proof that any ding-dong, like myself, can figure this stuff out! Besides, since I don't text, it's not like I'll ever use it beyond my family and friends, anyway.

So, here goes my rookie efforts:
HNATZ -"Hair in a Tizzy", of course!
OMH- "Oh my HECK!" (especially for Mormons, or if you have someone in Utah you're texting)
PMPLOL -"Peed my pants laughing out loud!" (definately one for the older generation, eh?)
MSN - (no, not the news outlet)-"Mom said no."
DSN doesn't exist. Never happens.
BTDT-"Been there, done that." Should probably follow up this one with DA-"don't ask".
SH8 2mch -Texas twanged version of a phrase you're not allowed to ever say when Mommy's on a diet or is pregnant (or, if you just stubbed your toe, you can use the first part of it for a Texas twanged cuss word...we just won't tell the kids--or the Bishop...he's an adult, so he wouldn't know, right?--what it means.)
BYOM -"Bring your own money" This is one the kids won't ever figure out.
When I was a kid, report cards had "NI" on it for "needs improvement". I got too many of those. So, since that one bugs me still, I think I'll change it to "Naturally Impressive".

So, there's my rookie attempt at texting. Seems just like license plate lingo to me! cya l8r!

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OMH LOL TTYL!

(Wow, that really does shorten the amount of time you're online!)

CYA!