7/12/08

Hair....
Ok. So, I have some hair. I am happy to have hair. It's a nice perk from my dad, I think! Anyway, some of my children have hair, too. Ryken's got LOTS of hair. He sometimes is happy about it, but not always. This leads to some funny mornings....And then there's the girl's hair.... We have long hair (here's a back shot for my mom--it's to my lower back, Ma!)...

So, when I'm guarding at the lake, I braid it up into corn rows (like above). This keeps the nasty stuff from getting stuck in it, and helps me keep cooler, too, when standing in the sun for hours on end. So, it's fun to do. And, I can wash it, which is great (braids hold water for a LONG time)!

And, when I take it out, this is what it looks like....(after a good washing and brushing!)
I'm really thankful for my hair. It could be falling out, or going gray.....like Spike's. He's not lookin' so happy now that he's going gray!

But, he DOES look regal, wouldn't you say?

3 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey cute braided woman, what's wrong with goin' gray? I'm doin' it GRAY-SFULLY!!

Andrea said...

You are so pretty!!! Heather and I both saw this picture and think you look exactly the same as you did when you lived in Spingfield--what, like 15 years ago!?!? Sure miss you and hope you are doing well!!

The deVilleneuves said...

I'll go gray gracefully...but not as "big haired" as that CAT!

And to my Campbell girls...I still love you because you were ALWAYS so nice to me! And here you are...still being SO nice to me!