7/12/08

Talents....
I totally believe in the doctrine that we all have talents. We have a few good ones around here...piano, running, climbing mountains, swimming, etc. I'm told we should encourage a child's talents. I think this is true in some cases. Here is Solomon learning a new talent...the summersault. Good for him! He's preparing for the Olympics next month! (Our friend, Carly, helped him out with this.) I'm proud of him for this little skill! (Turn off the music at the bottom of the blog so you can hear this video....)
Now, Solomon has a cute talent. But, he also has big brothers and sisters. They all teach him more sinister things than sweet Carly did! I like Carly's cheerful encouragement. Solomon hasn't learned to discern "sweet encouragement" from any other form...and thus, with the gleam in his eye of a willing little soul, he'll learn just about anything you ask him to. We're all pretty much the same, aren't we?? I think so.

Here is Hunter. And one of his talents. He shares it with others, too. Like these guys...(notice the look on Solomon's face..."am I doin' it right?!!!--such a gleam of fun in his eyes!)
















Well. Lest you think the boys are the only ones around here with any talents, I'll show you what Ellie then decided to teach the boys! She's a clever girl, and not one to be overlooked in anything. So, here she is showing Hunter her version of "talent"!!!

She didn't realize, however, where Hunter would take that....(see his eyes??--totally mischievious and sly!)
Nor where it would go from there!~~~~~

He's a cute little devil! I'm gonna show this one to his fiancee when he's older! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Those are some long tounges. . .and his nose picking talent is really cool. . .and gross!

On the trek, when my nose was running and I wished I'd had a tissue, and kept having to wipe it on my sleeve, or apron, or bonnet strings, I could have handled that much cleaner by sticking my tounge up there to stop the flow. Just a wishful thought, mine is too short.

The deVilleneuves said...

Ummmm....next time you can bring tissue. Or use Damian's shirt sleeve. He'd let you, I'll bet! Maybe Ryken will be old enough next time, and can show you (and all your "family") how to do this!

Long tongues...yes. Funny boy...yes. Gross....absolutely!