8/7/08

Buddy, can you spare a dime?

With all these little ones, there is no way I could afford to pay allowance. I've always been against getting paid just to exist. I also think regular stuff should just be done, and not paid for. So, around here they have regular chores that are done daily. No pay for that (unless you count good food, nice sleeping arrangements, clean clothes, etc.).

But then there's other work that needs done. Hard work for little hands. We have weeds. Quite a few have cropped up in our new garden area by the barn.

So I hatched a plan... they want money, I want fewer weeds. So, I got a few buckets out. And gave them a visual (for motiviation, right?)... I have this coin machine that I feed frequently after grocery shopping. It's really cool, actually. I've rolled lots of change over the past couple of years. So, the children picked a bucket's worth of weeds for $1. I had $40 in change, so I thought this would be win-win. I didn't mind getting rid of some pennies, nickles, and dimes.

This is what they did! I'm impressed!

And, I'm out $20!!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! That's a LOT of weeds☺

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You are so smart. . .what are they going to buy with all that change? How fun for everyone! Espcially YOUR BACK!!